Dragonfli Girl

Graphic Designer-At-Home-Mom turned beauty entrepreneur as owner of Dragonfli Tropicals™ . Care for yourself, for one another, and our world.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Now it's June…I suk at blogging


I can't believe it's already June! For the most part, I've been taking care of Marcella. FYI, it really does take 3 months to get back to “normal” somewhat—emotionally, physically, and mentally. Luckily, I have a lot of support on all sides and, honestly, I feel great! Apparently, people have been saying I look great* too. (check out my pic on the left) :-)

*Looking great post-pregnancy doesn't require too much effort. For instance, just because you got out of bed, doesn't mean you have to look like that all day. If the baby's quiet, put a comb to your hair, some lipgloss and clean clothes on. Better yet, continue wearing some of the good-lookin’ pregnancy clothing you've got so you feel AND look like a fab mom!

A few more things I've been doing to look great (even though I still have about 8 more pounds to shed to get back to my normal weight):
- wearing my baby everywhere and walking A LOT with her in tow
- knowing that greens are better than hot dogs too, and can go with anything
- wearing clothes that hide the unflattering parts (where did my abs go?), and flatter your good parts (my boobs went up from a B to C cup! I'm not ashamed to wear shirts with low-dive necklines)
- wearing clothes with a busy pattern hides a belly
- undereye concealer makeup is your best friend

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You do look great! :) Marcella is adorable! I love the hints at looking better after pregnancy, but they are two years too late to help me.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you look so good!!
Marcella looks more like Tom now.
I just had baby few weeks ago and i look like a princess FEEOOONAA.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sergey said...

Hi Giselle! I was not able to contact you from your website. I liked your designs in portfolio. Do you still work as web designer? I know, you're a busy mom and my question sounds weird here :) But I wanted to check.

4:14 PM  
Blogger dragonfligirl said...

Yes, I do some web & print design. Just not at the same load capacity since the baby arrived. I do what I can while she's sleeping or too occupied on her playmat.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home