Dragonfli Girl

Graphic Designer-At-Home-Mom turned beauty entrepreneur as owner of Dragonfli Tropicals™ . Care for yourself, for one another, and our world.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where I left off and back again

The last time I wrote in my blog was last April--I can't believe it's November already! This used to be "The Creative Prancer" but now I've updated my blog as "Dragonfli Girl." Why? Because that's the name of my new startup Dragonfli Skincare and Cosmetics. I pretty much spent the last few months NOT procrastinating (with the exception of in writing in here) when it came to my new business of creating natural skincare solutions for diabetic skin, like me.

Issue one: One the important things you can do for yourself, especially being diabetic, is having good foot care. Diabetic feet can be dryer than most, especially around the heel. So I created a natural foot balm made from coconut oil that addressed my foot care needs (and also made some for my dad who also has diabetes). It seems to me that I take enough medication already and my skin doesn't needs absorb more synthetic substances. I like my foot balm, and my dad likes it too.

Issue number two: I'm not that old, and I don't want to smell medicated or like a peppermint stick. But I want to make my feet smell better so I did it with natural fragrance oils, like lavendar or jasmine. The result was foot balm with a fragrance that matched me (bold and sweet with jasmine and a little rosemary), and for my dad, a strong and spicy scent that would appeal to him more (i.e. he likes Aramis a lot!).

With winter and heaters up sucking up moisture in the air, having moisturized feet is having healthy, happy feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home