Dragonfli Girl

Graphic Designer-At-Home-Mom turned beauty entrepreneur as owner of Dragonfli Tropicals™ . Care for yourself, for one another, and our world.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Time Warp & Calendars


No one told me time accelerates when you have a baby. Where did the time go? As far as time management goes, I'm not the person to look up to. However, there are things that I'm doing to help me out:

- Putting stuff I MUST do on my calendar
- Putting stuff I WANT to do on my calendar
- If you own a business (like me), write down at least 5 things to do do reasonably and realistically everyday for your biz

As for the latter suggestion, I'm still working on that. I first learned about the list from IndieBusinessblog.com. It's a great idea and it helps me feel not-so-overwhelmed. Plus I also learned that my calendar can be a very useful tool for me as opposed to just wall art of cute puppies in my tiny office. So far I've been able to do about 3 out of my “5 things to do” daily list for my biz. I'll let you know when I'm able to get 5 out of 5.

One more thought—don't beat yourself up if you can't make all 5 on your list, resolve to do it and try to figure out why you weren't able to make those last two or three. I just realized that time goes so fast because I didn't factor in “baby time” (see my 3rd point on 'reasonably and realistically' and see how fast I threw that out the window).

Live for today because tomorrow's a new day! :-)

The pic is from Apple's website. If it's copyrighted, I'm giving props.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home